A high-fat, low-starch, low-sugar feed formulated for young growing horses and pregnant and lactating mares.
Features & Benefits:
- No corn formula to keep sugar and starch levels low.
- Lower non-structural carbohydrate (NSC = sugar + starch) content reduces insulin response. Elevated insulin levels can inhibit hormones important to normal bone development and contribute to developmental orthopedic disease.
- Prevent "Fetal Programming"- feeding high NSC diet to pregnant mares may increase the likelihood of her foal developing insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome.
- Higher fat, highly digestible fiber and lower sugar and starch for calmer horses with improved gut health.
- Essential amino acids for growth and muscle maintenance.
- Essential organic minerals support normal bone and tissue growth.
- Essential fatty acids (Omega 3 & 6) for health skin, haircoat and support of normal tissue function.
- Optimum levels of antioxidants Vitamins E, Vitamin C and Selenium reduce damage from aging and exercise. Also boosts immunity.
- With Equi-Ferm XL™, a microencapsulated active dry yeast; acts as both a pre-and probiotic. Increases total diet digestibility and improves overall gut health.
- NSC = 16.2%