Want a New Pet - Adopt!
Every day we greet customers who ask us about our dog and puppy foods because they are getting ready to bring home a new pet. One question looms in our minds, “Are you buying a pet, or are you adopting a pet?” Our secret wish is that you are adopting. Here are some of the reasons we hope you will consider adopting a pet.
- The first reason is because you will save a life - 8 to 12 million dogs, puppies, cats and kittens are euthanized in American shelters every year because there are not enough homes for them.
- The second reason is that you will get a great animal. Most dogs are in shelters because of human problems – divorce, death, moving – not because the animal was at fault.
- It will be easier on your wallet. Pets from shelters are already spayed or neutered. They have all their shots, and have been tested for heartworm.
- When you get a dog from a shelter, you are fighting puppy mills. Dogs from pet stores, flea markets and on-line sellers are from puppy mills where dogs are kept in cages and bred over and over with no human contact or medical care.
- You are helping an animal in need.
- You are breaking the cycle of over-population.
- You have the advantage that goes along with adopting an adult animal. You won’t have to deal with house-breaking or chewing on shoes or the furniture.
- You will be adopting a guaranteed healthy pet. Shelters have veterinary clinics that make sure your pet is in top condition to be adopted.
- An adopted pet is loving, intelligent, loyal and grateful. How can that be topped?
When you have your newest family member in the car, come straight to Pettigrew Feed & Hardware, and talk to one of our friendly staff members to find the best food for your furry friend. Call us ahead, and let us know that you are on your way. We’ll give you a grand welcome 330-325-1500.